Atlas Model Railroad Co. - Proto GP18 advice
Atlas Model Railroad Co.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Atlas Model Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Rules   FAQ  
Active Topics | Members | Online Users | Forum Archive | Basic Forum (Mac / Netscape Users) | Search | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 33 ]  [ Total: 33 ]  [ Newest Member: jjbern ]
 All Forums
 Atlas Model Railroad Forums
 HO Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Proto GP18 advice
 Forum Locked |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Bowser AS16 Topic Next Topic: DCC Installed/White Rose Hobbies??  

Marshall

Posted - 2012 March 22 :  11:54:18 AM  Show Profile
I utilized the information several weeks back on converting the old Proto 2000 (Life Like) GP18's to smooth and quiet running ones using Kato-Stewart Funit chassis. Amazing difference! However, I need some help. I want to install some bright LEDs for front and rear headlights as well as decoder/sound to my original Norfolk Southern Units. Anyone have suggestions/experience with the LEDs I need and DCC and sound?

I appreciate any help.
Marshall
The ORIGINAL Norfolk Southern

Marshall

Posted - 2012 March 23 :  08:45:27 AM  Show Profile
bump

Marshall
The ORIGINAL Norfolk Southern

obermeyern

Posted - 2012 March 23 :  10:16:50 AM  Show Profile
I had a 18mm by 52mm base reflex speaker and Tsunami decoder (828050 GN1000) installed in my GP18 and it sounds and runs great.

I haven't done anything with the lights yet.

Nate

Modeling the Mopac Concordia, KS, Sub between Frankfort and Greenleaf plus the branch to Washington, KS
View my progress at: http://ww-mopac.blogspot.com/

HO Scale wish list:
ACF 4460 covered hopper
ACF 4600 covered hopper
PS 3510 covered hopper
PS 3010 covered hopper

bogp40

Posted - 2012 March 23 :  12:18:11 PM  Show Profile
Now that you're running the Stewart/ Kato chassis, absolutely my all time favorite running piece- didn't think it would fit the GP18 shell, you will most likely have to cut the chassis for the speaker. Choose the sound decoder and fit the shell w/ LEDs for the lighting, wire to the board according to the decoder instructions.

Modeling B&O-Chessie

Bob K.

Previous Topic: Bowser AS16 Topic Next Topic: DCC Installed/White Rose Hobbies??  
 Forum Locked |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Atlas Model Railroad Co. © 1709-2011 Atlas Models Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000