Atlas Model Railroad Co. - SMD PRODUCTS NO LONGER IN BUSINESS
Atlas Model Railroad Co.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Atlas Model Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Rules   FAQ  
Active Topics | Members | Online Users | Forum Archive | Basic Forum (Mac / Netscape Users) | Search | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 46 ]  [ Total: 46 ]  [ Newest Member: jjbern ]
 All Forums
 Atlas Model Railroad Forums
 N Scale Model Railroad Forum
 SMD PRODUCTS NO LONGER IN BUSINESS
 Forum Locked |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: How long is the baggage.... Topic Next Topic: FVM Hiawatha Atlantic 4-4-2: Peteskis mini review  

Maritimer

Posted - 2011 April 13 :  10:50:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Maritimer's Homepage
Dear fellow forum members,

For the past 10 years, I have been following the rules set by Atlas which clearly states we, as small manufacturers, are not allowed to use this forum for advertising or promoting our products. This will be my exception to the rule.

On April 12 / 2011, I posted the following message on my web site:

It is with a deep feeling of sadness that I regret to inform you that due to very tough times, job insecurity and lack of financial means, I am forced to shut down my operations. At first I thought of slowing down on production because I had a new career and less time, now it is a definite move which I must make because I can no longer afford it in terms of expenses. Now I don't want to sound like I am complaining, but I think all of you know there is no money to be made with a custom shop, and I only did it because it was my hobby and I enjoyed it a lot, as it is the case with most of our small manufacturers in this hobby.

I wish to thank ALL my wonderful customers who have brought me so much over the past 10 years... I am proud of having customers all over the world. This was the best journey of my life! Your support, your loyalty and your kind words have made me who I am today, and it was reflected in each and every item that was produced. I will never be able to thank you enough.

I wanted to share this with all of you because so many of you were loyal supporters. I will remain a member of this forum and of the model railroading community, just not as a manufacturer, but more as a modeler. My web site will remain open but only for references, as I will keep posting my progress on my N scale layout in there.

Again, thank you all!

The Scale Models Division
http://scalemodelsdivision.web.officelive.com
Serge Lebel
Maritime District Railroad

MichaelWinicki

Posted - 2011 April 13 :  10:57:26 AM  Show Profile
I'm sorry to hear of this.

The kits I ordered from SMD were outstanding.

Hopefully someone else picks up the designs.

fifer

Posted - 2011 April 13 :  1:42:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit fifer's Homepage
Thank You so much Serge , for your support of our hobby and we will most certainly miss the products but will love to see progress on the railroad and best wishes on your future.
Mike

"Las Cruces is not the end of the earth , but you can see it from here"
www.fiferhobby.com
www.fiferhobbyho.com
Albuquerque Carnuel & Tijeras RR

JEReising

Posted - 2011 April 13 :  2:16:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit JEReising's Homepage
I KNEW I should have ordered those signals! Serge was the only one who had them - doesn't look like BLMA is all that interested.

BIG signal gap in N Scale now for us modern guys...

Jim Reising
Visit The Oakville Sub - A Different Tehachapi - at:
http://theoakvillesub.freehosting.net/
And on Trainboard:
http://www.trainboard.com/grapevine/showthread.php?t=99466

Flying Crow

Posted - 2011 April 13 :  4:05:00 PM  Show Profile
This is very sad news. SMD Products signals were the best available. I have hundreds of dollars invested in Serge's signals but haven't bought all I need.

I wish you the best of luck, Serge. You made one fine product that will be missed.

Rich

Modeling the Alexandria & Western, a bridge line jointly owned by the KCS & SP in Central Louisiana

Houston, Texas

DrifterNL

Posted - 2011 April 13 :  4:08:11 PM  Show Profile
I knew I should have ordered the SMD-N-110 sooner, darn...
Good luck with your n scale layout and all the best on you future.

Maritimer

Posted - 2011 April 14 :  12:15:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Maritimer's Homepage
Thank you all for your kind words of support! I did not know I had made a positive impact on the N scale market, but it is nice to hear it from you. I feel I have been blessed to have the opportunity to serve such a fine group of people, and I am the one who benefited from this venture by getting to know all of you who will hopefully keep in touch.

In the heat of all this intense action, I could have ommited to thank certain people, and I wish to apologize for that. Such is the case with my good friend Kevin Loiselle of Single Tack Hobbies in Florida. Kevin has been my embassador in the U.S. since the beginning and I wish to thank him for his devotion. If you are looking for N scale signals, Single Track Hobbies carries many other great brands as well.

If I am forgetting anyone else, please forgive me and know that it is not intentional... I have to split my time between a lot of things at this moment!!!

Serge

Serge Lebel
Maritime District Railroad

Flying Crow

Posted - 2011 April 14 :  3:22:32 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by DrifterNL

I knew I should have ordered the SMD-N-110 sooner, darn...
Good luck with your n scale layout and all the best on you future.

I can provide you with a SMD-N-110 signal.

Email me and we'll work things out.

Rich

Modeling the Alexandria & Western, a bridge line jointly owned by the KCS & SP in Central Louisiana

Houston, Texas

Previous Topic: How long is the baggage.... Topic Next Topic: FVM Hiawatha Atlantic 4-4-2: Peteskis mini review  
 Forum Locked |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Atlas Model Railroad Co. © 1709-2011 Atlas Models Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.4 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000