Atlas Model Railroad Co. - A transfer caboose
Atlas Model Railroad Co.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Atlas Model Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Rules   FAQ  
Active Topics | Members | Online Users | Forum Archive | Basic Forum (Mac / Netscape Users) | Search | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 32 ]  [ Total: 32 ]  [ Newest Member: jjbern ]
 All Forums
 Atlas Model Railroad Forums
 HO Scale Model Railroad Forum
 A transfer caboose
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Atlas Search page Topic Next Topic: Last Go Round...Photo Fun At NMRA Show  

jtrain

Posted - 2010 July 20 :  5:45:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anybody make a kit of this? or preferably a kit that you would add onto a flat car to model it?

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=322796&nseq=5

I think this would be a nice model to kit bash if no one makes a conversion kit or hit for this.

Thanks,

I just like running trains.

SD80macs

Posted - 2010 July 20 :  5:56:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe Moloco made a kit for something like that but not sure if its still available.

Mark G.

tankcarsrule

Posted - 2010 July 20 :  6:24:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joe, go to MFCL and you can get Nick's phone number. He's a super guy and will return your call if you don't get him. He's in Canada so it should be a free call on most cell phones.

bobby pitts

dhtr

Posted - 2010 July 20 :  7:32:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit dhtr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The one that I scratch built is close to your picture. I used a walthers flat car and an atlas wide vision caboose that was cut up. also cut in the steps on the end of the flat car. the caboose has ditch lights on booth ends and rear end markers on both ends all lights work independently. here is a video of it ,note lights are on and off to show someone.

http://www.youtube.com/user/conrailSD40guy#p/u/117/hr8XT-yRwHU

http://www.amherstrail.org/DHMRRC/index.html

jtrain

Posted - 2010 July 20 :  7:52:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks mark I thought there was someone who did a kit for it but I wasn't sure, because it was quite awhile ago.

Bobby, thank you,I am looking at the moloco website as I type this, I don't see it listed so ill have to call him tomorrow.

Joe, awesome model. Did all all these types of transfer cabooses have ditch lights, and markers? I'm thinking some were used in place of regular cabooses on short runs or "transfers" because they didn't need much for long distance travel. Also, that is a huge club layout,first thing I thought was wow, look at all that track! :)

I just like running trains.

Zelig

Posted - 2010 July 20 :  7:54:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Walthers carries Moloco products, but I don't see the transfer caboose kits listed in the 2009 catalog (the latest I have on hand).

dhtr

Posted - 2010 July 20 :  8:12:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit dhtr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I went on the walthers web site. they do not list the part any more ,but the part you are looking for is TC-3001 it went for $9.95 in 2005. it was called homebuilt style doghouse on flatcar transfer caboose kit.I have seen them in some of the old hobby stores around the north east.

http://www.amherstrail.org/DHMRRC/index.html

Trainmanjeff

Posted - 2010 July 20 :  10:14:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joe, the kit was made by Moloco, but is out of production. It uses a Red Caboose 42" flat as the basis for the cabin etc. If you need one, contact me offline

Jeff Coleman
Superintendent
Niagara Terminal Railway

CNW

Posted - 2010 July 20 :  10:21:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it was based on a GM&O prototype too but I was going to use it to model one of those C&NW cabooses myself. I have the kit but still need to get the Red Caboose kit. Undec's are kind of hard to find. The 42" flat is also a near perfect match for those ex-CGW work cabooses. (BTW - They were work cabooses on the C&NW, not transfer cabooses.)

Rockford and Indiana Railroad - THE Chicago connection!

cf7

Posted - 2010 July 21 :  08:05:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Moloco kit was based on a Frisco prototype. If anyone knows where I can get one, please let me know!

kangaroose

Posted - 2010 July 23 :  2:39:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Credit Valley Railway, a hobby store in the Toronto area has one when I checked yesterday. They are always very happy to mail orders anwhere.

http://www.cvrco.com/index.htm

Regards, Nick Molo, moloco

quote:
Originally posted by cf7

The Moloco kit was based on a Frisco prototype. If anyone knows where I can get one, please let me know!

Previous Topic: Atlas Search page Topic Next Topic: Last Go Round...Photo Fun At NMRA Show  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Atlas Model Railroad Co. © 1709-2011 Atlas Models Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000