Atlas Model Railroad Co. - HO scale Hi-Rail truck
Atlas Model Railroad Co.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Atlas Model Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Rules   FAQ  
Active Topics | Members | Online Users | Forum Archive | Basic Forum (Mac / Netscape Users) | Search | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 33 ]  [ Total: 33 ]  [ Newest Member: jjbern ]
 All Forums
 Atlas Model Railroad Forums
 HO Scale Model Railroad Forum
 HO scale Hi-Rail truck
 New Topic |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Changing Couplers on Intermountain Cars... Topic Next Topic: breaking in new locos question....  

Duane S

Posted - 2004 September 05 :  5:24:27 PM  Show Profile
Do any of you know where I can find an HO scale Hi-Rail truck? I'm thinking of a pick-up style truck, but others would be interesting too.
Duane Scarborough

I pway wid da witto twains

in Wilson, NC

chljohns

Posted - 2004 September 05 :  7:52:36 PM  Show Profile
Berlyn did an operating Hi-Rail Boom truck a couple years ago, and Bachmann has made some "operating" MOW pieces over the years. Details West makes the parts to add non-operating Hi-Rail gear to Trident and other model pickups.

Chris Johnson

Bob Elliott

Posted - 2004 September 05 :  7:59:49 PM  Show Profile
Well, there's this set to convert a regular truck:
http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/247-7276

Bachmann used to make a delivery van type truck with hi-rail wheels that had a tiny motor in it so it was self propelled. I didn't see it in Walthers catalog or on ebay when I checked just now. they are available at flea markets quite often.

Bob Elliott

Espeenut

Posted - 2004 September 06 :  12:42:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Espeenut's Homepage
...the Details West set builds up into quite a realistic looking Hi-rail set and can be made to fit any of the Trident pickup truck kits, it comes with a utility box to go on top of the bed just behind the cab as well. I have a BN MOW pickup with this modification and it looks quite nice. Highly recommended!

cheers,

Lorne Miller

Espee will live forever!

B_Unit

Posted - 2004 September 06 :  08:27:09 AM  Show Profile
Make sure to check out Christian's truck in the 09-04-04 Sunday photo fun thread. It's outstanding!

John Brock

tdspeedracer

Posted - 2004 September 07 :  6:40:38 PM  Show Profile
I have built several using the Details West kit and they look great (unfortunately only one was for me).
Custom Finishing also makes a hy-rail kit, but you have to use the original bumper and it does't come with the extra details of the D.W. kit, but if I remember right, they are considerably cheaper.
I'm a detail nut though, so in the end I'd get the D.W. kit.

Trevor

Previous Topic: Changing Couplers on Intermountain Cars... Topic Next Topic: breaking in new locos question....  
 New Topic |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Atlas Model Railroad Co. © 1709-2011 Atlas Models Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.83 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000