Atlas Model Railroad Co. - I was ondering about your first layout
Atlas Model Railroad Co.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Atlas Model Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Rules   FAQ  
Active Topics | Members | Online Users | Forum Archive | Basic Forum (Mac / Netscape Users) | Search | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 88 ]  [ Total: 88 ]  [ Newest Member: vivianod1 ]
 All Forums
 Atlas Model Railroad Forums
 N Scale Model Railroad Forum
 I was ondering about your first layout
Previous Page
 Forum Locked |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: N-SCALE WEEKEND-Bedford, PA  Aug 28 & 29 Topic Next Topic: Mike Chase, Phoenix-area N-scaler
Page: of 2

Rossford Yard

Posted - 2010 June 07 :  07:51:47 AM  Show Profile
No truth to the rumor that I modeled English mine railway because those were the only railways available to model when I started....

My first was the old floor Lionel layout, which constituted my first memory in life - when we moved to Chicago at age 3, I ran downstairs to make sure it got there, so I must have had it before then.

My brother and I started and got to the plywood and track stage all six HO Railroads You Can Build when we moved to HO, along with the Ma and Pa (another project railroad from MR) We also built a larger custom design, but none ever really got finished.

I later built (with two roomies ) a 5 x 9 HO layout in our dining room based on one of the 101 track plans. When I moved to Texas I built a switching layout in my garage before buying some N scale layout parts from an elderly gent to build my first N scale layout in 1990. (Since my layout was going to be in an open loft and I had small kids at the time, I didn't want to be sawing all night to build benchwork. Later, I found that small children could sleep through anything, although my wife couldn't!)

Jeff

GM of the Indiana Harbor Belt - The "Expanding Belt Line"

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: N-SCALE WEEKEND-Bedford, PA  Aug 28 & 29 Topic Next Topic: Mike Chase, Phoenix-area N-scaler  
 Forum Locked |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
Atlas Model Railroad Co. © 1709-2011 Atlas Models Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.32 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000