Atlas Model Railroad Co. - Scale speed motor replacement
Atlas Model Railroad Co.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Atlas Model Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Rules   FAQ  
Active Topics | Members | Online Users | Forum Archive | Basic Forum (Mac / Netscape Users) | Search | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 93 ]  [ Total: 93 ]  [ Newest Member: vivianod1 ]
 All Forums
 Atlas Model Railroad Forums
 N Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Scale speed motor replacement
 Forum Locked |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Driver size for Kato or Micro Ace JNR Pacifics Topic Next Topic: MTL Trucks for MDC 50 boxcars  

Leo Bicknell

Posted - 2010 June 01 :  10:43:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Leo Bicknell's Homepage
I thought atlas had a document on their web site documenting the scale speed motor part numbers for older atlas locomotives, but I can't find it.

I've got some GP-35's I would like to convert, I need to know the right part numbers.

locomcf

Posted - 2010 June 05 :  05:47:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit locomcf's Homepage
Leo,

according to the Atlas on-line store, their part number 470000 is the slow-speed motor for the non-DCC friendly GP30/35 chassis. Is that what you're after?

Regards,
Ron

tony22

Posted - 2010 June 05 :  7:09:11 PM  Show Profile
Just a note. There's a difference between the slow speed motors and the scale speed motors. If you're not sure of the right part number for your application call Atlas and ask.

eja

Posted - 2010 June 05 :  8:37:58 PM  Show Profile
I upgraded my B23-7 with a scale speed motor (Atlas Part Number 498100. I spoke with Wayne in the Atlas parts dept and followed his advice on what part to use.

locomcf

Posted - 2010 June 05 :  11:39:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit locomcf's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by tony22

There's a difference between the slow speed motors and the scale speed motors.

Atlas certainly uses the two terms as though there is a difference. The GP30/35s announced in April 2010 have "slow speed motors" while the GP7/9s announced at the same time have "scale speed motors".

In the case of the GP30/35s, it seems there has been no "scale speed motor". The parts diagrams indicate that some models came with motor #426100 ("N DCC READY GP-7/9/30/35 MOTOR W/FLYWHL"), and the "Classic" models had #460000 ("N GP-30/35 MOTOR/FLYWHEEL ASSEMBLY"). As I mentioned, the Atlas on-line store indicates that slow-speed motor for the non-DCC friendly GP30/35 chassis is #470000.

I find it all very confusing. I would check with Atlas, as Eja recommends.

Edited by - locomcf on 2010 June 06 12:39:24 AM

Previous Topic: Driver size for Kato or Micro Ace JNR Pacifics Topic Next Topic: MTL Trucks for MDC 50 boxcars  
 Forum Locked |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Atlas Model Railroad Co. © 1709-2011 Atlas Models Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000