Atlas Model Railroad Co. - Mixing codes?
Atlas Model Railroad Co.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Atlas Model Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Rules   FAQ  
Active Topics | Members | Online Users | Forum Archive | Basic Forum (Mac / Netscape Users) | Search | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 53 ]  [ Total: 53 ]  [ Newest Member: jjbern ]
 All Forums
 Atlas Model Railroad Forums
 N Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Mixing codes?
 Forum Locked |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: kato f7 replacement parts / Atlas VO-1000 Topic Next Topic: Recommendations: DC walk around power supply??  

SeventhSon

Posted - 2010 April 18 :  08:37:02 AM  Show Profile
Is it possible to mix code 55 and code 65 track on the same layout?

CBQ Fan

Posted - 2010 April 18 :  10:49:13 AM  Show Profile
Yes you can. You will need to fashion a conversion track anytime you go from one to the other. Why they do not make conversion tracks ready to go I don't understand. They might be pricey but would make using multiple codes much easier and more realistic.

Brian

Way of the Zephyr

Bill Pearce

Posted - 2010 April 18 :  12:59:26 PM  Show Profile
But why?

Bill Pearce

RDG-Anthracite

Posted - 2010 April 18 :  1:01:45 PM  Show Profile
I know there are code 80 to code 55 adapter rail joiners, do they have them for any other codes?

Rob de rebel

Posted - 2010 April 18 :  4:41:14 PM  Show Profile
Why they don't get on the same page with the codes is the bigger question. Code 55 ought to be N scales
standard, with code 40 as the "alternative for scale reasons". Two steps forward one back! I figure by the time I'm dead they all get on the same page. Lets see we have the attrocous code 80, code 65, code 70, code 55, code 40 and who knows what the other multitudes a track manufacturers in Europe and Japan.

R

CBQ Fan

Posted - 2010 April 18 :  4:47:19 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by RDG-Anthracite

I know there are code 80 to code 55 adapter rail joiners, do they have them for any other codes?

Who makes them and do you have any part numbers?

Brian

Way of the Zephyr

Doug Gosha

Posted - 2010 April 18 :  9:02:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Doug Gosha's Homepage
It's easy enough to make 80/55 joiners. Just take one 80 joiner and squeeze about half of it down just a tiny bit.

Now, cut a 55 joiner in half and solder one half on top of the 80 joiner where you squeezed it down.

Stick the 55 rail into the 55 joiner part and 80 rail into the 80 part and the heights will match.

55 and 65 are close enough to where I would think you can finagle something out of one type joiner or the other.

Doug

Atlas First Generation Locomotives and Treble-O-Lectric - Click on Link
http://www.irwinsjournal.com/a1g/a1glocos

Metro Red Line

Posted - 2010 April 19 :  04:46:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Metro Red Line's Homepage
You can mix code 65 and 55 just fine, as long as you use a 65 joiner. The difference between their height isn't as big as the difference between codes 80 and 55.

Previous Topic: kato f7 replacement parts / Atlas VO-1000 Topic Next Topic: Recommendations: DC walk around power supply??  
 Forum Locked |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Atlas Model Railroad Co. © 1709-2011 Atlas Models Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.67 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000