Atlas Model Railroad Co. - Alps color printer for decals?
Atlas Model Railroad Co.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Atlas Model Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Rules   FAQ  
Active Topics | Members | Online Users | Forum Archive | Basic Forum (Mac / Netscape Users) | Search | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 70 ]  [ Total: 70 ]  [ Newest Member: jjbern ]
 All Forums
 Atlas Model Railroad Forums
 N Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Alps color printer for decals?
Previous Page
 Forum Locked |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: NC Railroad Expo in two weeks!!! Topic Next Topic: PRR Diner Car?
Page: of 3

peteski

Posted - 2010 April 09 :  03:04:34 AM  Show Profile
Here is a printer which can print white. Don't even ask about the price. It is also a bit on a large size....

http://www.mimaki.co.jp/english/ip/inkjet/ujf-605c2/

In the past I found a tabletop inkjet printer capable of printing white but I can't find it this time.

But these printers don't print gold or silver (Like Alps can). Alps was an ideal printer for a hobbyist or for a small decal manufacturing business but it wasn't marketed as such. There currently really isn't anything like it available.

Peteski

Spookshow

Posted - 2010 April 09 :  05:18:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spookshow's Homepage
Thanks for the info, but at this point I think I'll just go ahead and outsource whatever white decal projects I might need done in the future. I didn't realize that Alps printers were no longer made (or supported), and since my decal printing projects are few and far between it's not going to make a whole lot of sense for me to pop the lid on that particular can of worms.

Cheers,
-Mark

Dear Atlas - Please Make More DME/ICE Models!

ljudice

Posted - 2010 April 09 :  06:44:05 AM  Show Profile
Mark:

There is one special case where you can EASILY print white with ordinary printers...

For making "patches" and "paintouts" - you can print the "patch" on white decal paper. White on the patch will be "no ink" on the decal surface - and therefore "white printing".

With some cleverness in design, there are a lot of things you can do this way...

Sandro:

Yeah, that's the bad boy I was using - we were part of the beta test of the small run magazine service bureau - what ever happened to that? The printing was out of this world, but the editing software left a lot to be desired, if I recall.

Edited by - ljudice on 2010 April 09 06:52:05 AM

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: NC Railroad Expo in two weeks!!! Topic Next Topic: PRR Diner Car?  
 Forum Locked |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
Atlas Model Railroad Co. © 1709-2011 Atlas Models Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.92 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000