Atlas Model Railroad Co. - phone number for Internet Model Trains Brea CA?
Atlas Model Railroad Co.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Atlas Model Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Rules   FAQ  
Active Topics | Members | Online Users | Forum Archive | Basic Forum (Mac / Netscape Users) | Search | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 33 ]  [ Total: 33 ]  [ Newest Member: jjbern ]
 All Forums
 Atlas Model Railroad Forums
 HO Scale Model Railroad Forum
 phone number for Internet Model Trains Brea CA?
 Forum Locked |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Southern GP7 Spark Arrestors Topic Next Topic: Anyone make these lights in HO?  

jsinky

Posted - 2010 March 26 :  12:51:11 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone know how to contact Internet Model Trains in Brea Ca? I've tried to contact their email and they fail to respond. They have a customer service number on their site but when you call it they have a recording that says that in order to improve their customer service they are not taking customers calls at this time. I did a Google search and came up with another number plus and also called the number on my credit card statement but all the numbers have the same recording on them. I placed a order with them 11 days ago, they charged my card and said everything was in stock but they will not ship the order. In the process of searching for their number I found lots of complaints about their poor service. Looks like it's getting close to time to file a dispute with my credit card. If anyone knows a way to contact them on a line they will actually answer I'd appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks, John

MONONC420

Posted - 2010 March 26 :  2:34:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit MONONC420's Homepage
At this point, I would just file a dispute with your credit card company. There have been several issues with the IMT here on the Atlas forum in the past. I ordered a pair of Walthers GP15-1s a few years ago that they had listed as in stock. Heard nothing for two weeks. Finally they emailed me back saying that they did not have those units in stock, but did not inform me at all.

Christian

Modeling the Central Railway of Indianapolis Circa. 1996-1998

"Central!"

mp_eagle

Posted - 2010 March 27 :  10:24:12 AM  Show Profile
Google 'internettrains.com'. Interresting reading.

Chet

ATSFAN

Posted - 2010 March 27 :  1:14:10 PM  Show Profile
They read like an outfit from the 1970's or 1980's. There is zero reason for an item to be not known to be in inventory in 2010. "Available" should not mean "I can try to get it from Walther's".

I suggest you contact your CC company.

Keith

Posted - 2010 March 27 :  1:25:25 PM  Show Profile
I placed a fairly decent order with them, received a delay email, never received any of the stuff or got charged or a response to an email.

Your CC issuer may or may not help much or soon.

When I had the issue with the jerk or thief in Arizona, reporting him to the Airizona Attorney General and or the Phoenis Police CC Fruad unit both of which were on line, did the trick.

The BBB was not real great either.

A also think in some cases, we should go further than just try to get or money back,

Keith

Bearcreekwest

Posted - 2010 March 27 :  6:25:15 PM  Show Profile
Internet Model Trains, a division of

Hobbies Quick, Inc.
197 Viking Ave
Brea, CA 92821

(714) 256-9140
M-F 10am-4pm PST (1pm-7pm EST)

Don

PRRT&HS 7555
OERM 2133
SASME

el3637

Posted - 2010 March 28 :  12:50:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit el3637's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by jsinky
in order to improve their customer service they are not taking customers calls at this time.

Yeah, and to make sure I sleep better I'm installing an air raid siren over my bed. The utter audacity of the recorded word. The fact that a machine is telling me my call is important is absolute proof that it's not. Apparently, market research has shown not only that customers are stupid, but that they like to be treated as if they are stupid.

I have another theory: market research is stupid.

Andy

ATSFAN

Posted - 2010 March 28 :  09:34:36 AM  Show Profile
In order to provide you better service, we are raising our ,is my favorite..........

jsinky

Posted - 2010 March 28 :  12:34:17 PM  Show Profile
All of the items I ordered were from their clearance section and they said all of those were in stock. I've actually ordered from them twice before, both times from the clearance section and they did ship the order within four or five days of when I placed it. I'd never done a search for them on Google until I was looking for another number for them and when I did that I found tons of negative feedback. I still haven't heard back from them and they still have not shipped this order. I'm going to file a dispute with my credit card tomorrow. I may contact the Calif Attorney General. I used to live about an hour from Brea, I wish I knew someone in that area still, I'd have them drop by their location. Their website said my credit card would be billed as Hobbies Quick but it was actually billed under the name Model Trains Net so I guess that's yet another name they use.

pltbrnch

Posted - 2010 March 28 :  11:14:06 PM  Show Profile
I placed an order with them several years ago....same thing, they had everything I ordered marked "available" on the website, I waited over a month, and nothing showed up...although they had charged my credit card.

I read up on them and found out the big mistake I'd made. I emailed them to cancel my order, and to my astonishment, they did and credited back my credit card.

I'm only about 40 miles away from Brea....so makes you wonder about the "available" items they list.

Previous Topic: Southern GP7 Spark Arrestors Topic Next Topic: Anyone make these lights in HO?  
 Forum Locked |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Atlas Model Railroad Co. © 1709-2011 Atlas Models Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.89 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000