Atlas Model Railroad Co. - Micro-Trains "Nixon" President Car...?
Atlas Model Railroad Co.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Atlas Model Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Rules   FAQ  
Active Topics | Members | Online Users | Forum Archive | Basic Forum (Mac / Netscape Users) | Search | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 37 ]  [ Total: 37 ]  [ Newest Member: jjbern ]
 All Forums
 Atlas Model Railroad Forums
 N Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Micro-Trains "Nixon" President Car...?
Next Page
 Forum Locked |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Brass detail parts Topic Next Topic: DCC in Atlas GP7/9s and RS-3s
Page: of 2

Kisatchie

Posted - 2010 January 28 :  5:04:47 PM  Show Profile
I saw on another forum that Micro-Trains is coming out with the "Nixon" President car. I wonder how that's going to sell.

Here is the Micro-Trains link"

http://www.micro-trains.com/nr-1001_President17_Nixon.php

NOTE: I'm not sure if posting the link is a violation of forum rules. If it is, by all means remove it.

Hmm... when is Micro-Trains
coming out with the Doctor
Zaius car...?

Kodiak Island Modeler

Posted - 2010 January 28 :  5:18:44 PM  Show Profile
I think that they're doing a whole presidential series of cars. This would just be a normal part of that series. I don't think that one's opinion of the person would matter in that context. Whether one liked him or not, he was in a line of presidents, much the same as the 56 Chevy was in the line of Chevrolet's progression; nothing more, nothing less. In this context, it's not political. It's just part of a train. Actually, this would have been kind of a cool collection.

H Lee

Posted - 2010 January 28 :  5:24:45 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Kisatchie

I saw on another forum that Micro-Trains is coming out with the "Nixon" President car. I wonder how that's going to sell.

Don't know. Don't care.

But, If you are subtlety asking if they should have done the car. Yes. It is a historical series, not the 'Greatest Presidents' series. If you include impeached presidents and other disastrous ones why not?

Kisatchie

Posted - 2010 January 28 :  5:34:16 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by H Lee

quote:

Don't know. Don't care.

But, If you are subtlety asking if they should have done the car. Yes....

No, I was just wondering if anyone here would buy it. I'm not trying to be political.

Hmm... can a Great Ape
run for Congress...?

rschaffter

Posted - 2010 January 28 :  5:40:16 PM  Show Profile
Sunoco did a giveaway coin series about 10 years ago, and I never got a Nixon because they ran out. Same with Reagan-and this was in Massachusetts...

Cheers,
Rod Schaffter
--
C'mon in! Sit a spell...
http://z11.invisionfree.com/N_Scale_Talk/

On your Layout, do what you think is fun. If it doesn't work, fix it and learn from the experience so you will have fun next time. It's your Railroad.

Supermoto98

Posted - 2010 January 28 :  5:40:17 PM  Show Profile
I'm collecting the entire series so I did buy it. I gave the LHS some grief about the Nixon and also the Carter car a few months ago when it came out.

Matt

peteski

Posted - 2010 January 28 :  6:50:08 PM  Show Profile
quote:

It is going to sell as well as the rest of this MT Presidential Series. Remember the MT collector mentality is to have a complete collection (regardless of their political views).

This is far from being the 1st car of this series so I'm sure MT at this point has a good idea of how many cars to produce to keep the collector market on their toes.

Peteski

Bill Hebb

Posted - 2010 January 28 :  7:15:10 PM  Show Profile
At the risk of being booted off... The Presidential series Clinton car would seem almost ideal for combining two recent innovations at MT. Perhaps the Clinton car will come out with weathered spots on the top. Could I add that they can only be removed with Whitewater?

With a smile...
Bill

wes_sutton

Posted - 2010 January 28 :  8:17:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit wes_sutton's Homepage
That would obviously still leave smears

Edited by - wes_sutton on 2010 January 28 8:18:08 PM

Kisatchie

Posted - 2010 January 28 :  8:58:44 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Supermoto98

...I gave the LHS some grief about the Nixon and also the Carter car a few months ago when it came out.

They did the Carter car already? I missed THAT?

Hmm... Kiz is slippin...

Dispatcher42

Posted - 2010 January 28 :  9:30:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dispatcher42's Homepage
My Mother was doing the Family History. She found out we were related to the Millhouse's and stopped right there. Richard Millhouse Nixon
and his car would be one I would Buy.
Take care and Keep on Track
Bob

wm3798

Posted - 2010 January 28 :  10:15:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit wm3798's Homepage
Nolo Contendere!

Spiro Agnew

Mill Street Studios - Custom N Scale Offerings.

www.wmrywesternlines.net

davefoxx

Posted - 2010 January 28 :  10:37:43 PM  Show Profile
"I'll take twenty of them!"

Alex P. Keaton

Edited by - davefoxx on 2010 January 28 10:42:11 PM

Supermoto98

Posted - 2010 January 28 :  11:29:15 PM  Show Profile
The Clinton car should come in a cigar box

Matt

Flxw1

Posted - 2010 January 29 :  12:57:53 AM  Show Profile
If I was collecting the series then it would be a purchase; since I'm not I won't. But it would have nothing to do with my political opinion.

asarge

Posted - 2010 January 29 :  08:38:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit asarge's Homepage
I have a feeling the president series is not selling as well as some of the others. The reason may be the economy. 3 of the people who were getting the cars cancelled out and people don;t seem as intersted as the state /province or Navy cars.

All I want is an AS616

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Brass detail parts Topic Next Topic: DCC in Atlas GP7/9s and RS-3s  
 Forum Locked |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Atlas Model Railroad Co. © 1709-2011 Atlas Models Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.61 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000