Atlas Model Railroad Co. - 1950 Ford Custom Sedan
Atlas Model Railroad Co.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Atlas Model Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Rules   FAQ  
Active Topics | Members | Online Users | Forum Archive | Basic Forum (Mac / Netscape Users) | Search | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 46 ]  [ Total: 46 ]  [ Newest Member: jjbern ]
 All Forums
 Atlas Model Railroad Forums
 HO Scale Model Railroad Forum
 1950 Ford Custom Sedan
Next Page
 Forum Locked |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Deland, Florida train show 03OCT09; I have been... Topic Next Topic: First Atlas Loco
Page: of 2

INRAIL

Posted - 2009 October 03 :  12:35:49 AM  Show Profile
Well, it's now October and still no 1950 Ford Custom Sedan. I am calling my hobby shop tomorrow and canceling my order. It doesn't look like there is any effort to bring this car to market. You would think since it's way past due from the announced shipping date that Atlas would keep us informed on what's going on. I can do without it if they don't care. Sorry to sound so negative but after a while you sort of give up and become frustrated.

Tom Johnson

HODIESEL

Posted - 2009 October 03 :  04:10:21 AM  Show Profile
Tom,

I echo your frustration because I'm waiting on the Dodge Journey and Challenger from Masterpiece, and it looks like it's not going to happen. If I'm not mistaken, these vehicles are 21 months overdue right now, which is a joke. Also, the Main Street Motors line seems to be dead too and that's a shame because I loved the first 2 releases.

If we don't get a response here on this forum, I'll inquire at iHobby in 3 weeks and hopefully get some answers.

Vito L.

Bearcreekwest

Posted - 2009 October 03 :  12:42:00 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by INRAIL Well, it's now October and still no 1950 Ford Custom Sedan. I am calling my hobby shop tomorrow and canceling my order. It doesn't look like there is any effort to bring this car to market. You would think since it's way past due from the announced shipping date that Atlas would keep us informed on what's going on. I can do without it if they don't care. Sorry to sound so negative but after a while you sort of give up and become frustrated.

Tom Johnson

aieeeee . . . the sky is falling!!!!

I suggest you use the resources on Atlas's website and look up the A-Z Shipping schedule. The listing does indeed show the 1950 Ford sedan with an announced date of January 8, 2008. However, under the column titled "Atlas Shipping Date", it clearly states July 29,2008 as the shipping date for "Jeep Wranglers and Walk in Vans only", no mention of the 1950 Ford Sedan. Therefore, there is no "announced shipping date" that I can find for the 1950 Ford Sedan - as you state. Please show us where you got the dates you are refering to.
If you can't do so, I believe a retraction of your negative statements about Atlas are in order.

Don

PRRT&HS 7555
OERM 2133
SASME

Christian

Posted - 2009 October 03 :  1:03:04 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Bearcreekwest

If you can't do so, I believe a retraction of your negative statements about Atlas are in order.

You are looking NOW. If you've been following the saga as have many of us, you'd have seen other dates and other projections. They have quietly become changed - often.

Christian
Ashburn, VA

PhillipL

Posted - 2009 October 03 :  1:18:39 PM  Show Profile
I have been noticing that many of Atlas's releases have been slipping further and further. I think there may be a problem with the manufacturer in China. I guess if Atlas started making things here in the USA, they might cost more but I doubt you would see the delays.

George Bailey

Posted - 2009 October 03 :  2:37:57 PM  Show Profile
The Norscot UPS truck release is another one that has been pushed back and back and ......

It does appear to be a China problem (the common factor in all of these various delays).

I don't see the point in cancelling ones order ... if you want it, you will get it eventually (most likely) or not at all (if they eventually cancel the product).

But canceling would sure make it more likely that you would NOT get it!

Of course, patience is not in great supply now-a-days ..........

Edited by - George Bailey on 2009 October 03 2:39:10 PM

CNW

Posted - 2009 October 03 :  2:46:30 PM  Show Profile
Could have more to do with the ailing economy. The fact is that even model railroad sales are down. I'm seeing it all over the place. Paralysis prevails in all sectors right now. No one wants to do anything for fear of exposure and risk. I'm seeing this in every sector I work in now and it's kind of frusttrating to watch.

Rockford and Indiana Railroad - THE Chicago connection!

charlief

Posted - 2009 October 03 :  7:11:34 PM  Show Profile
Sales may be down due to the economy, but in my case my lack of recent purchases are due to two factors:
1- Of the 20 items in my current "wish list" only 40% are available. The 1950 Ford sedan is just one of the unavailable items.
2- My layout has about reached the saturation point when it comes to structures, rolling stock and vehicles. I didn't realize how many vehicles I had until my grandkids decided to create a traffic jam. When I saw 60 vehicles all together, I knew I had all I really needed.

Edited by - charlief on 2009 October 03 8:41:14 PM

SouthShore

Posted - 2009 October 03 :  9:32:49 PM  Show Profile
There is so much going on in the world today that has my attention more than an HO scale model of a 1950 Ford. I agree with PhillipL and George Bailey that there are most likely problems of delivery developing due to the global economic conditions.So I'm not going to blame Atlas. Having experience in dealing with international vendors including some in China, a lot can go wrong in "normal" times, and these are very difficult times. Right now, most of us need a little more patience and maybe some of us need to prioritize our needs a little better.

ouengr

Posted - 2009 October 04 :  12:38:35 AM  Show Profile
I went and looked at the model listing and its appears to me that the tooling is done on all three models mentioned in this thread. I really don't know why they have not proceeded. I know that it is hard to hear but be patient. My understanding is that these models are not by Atlas and that they are acting as the distributor.

I to was pleased with the initial releases. The Masterpiece Charger is much better than the Ricko model. I really hope that the line continues.

Edited by - ouengr on 2009 October 04 12:40:56 AM

INRAIL

Posted - 2009 October 04 :  02:41:54 AM  Show Profile
Don. I'm not bashing Atlas or being negative. Perhaps frustrated but not negative. Geesh, can't anyone make a post on this forum without somebody stretching it into more than what was intended? I am thankful for Atlas each and every day. All I am asking/saying is where are they? That's it! There is nothing about priorities or anything to retract. Give us updates as to why they haven't been shipped yet since they are so far behind or perhaps give us some info as to when they might. Is that asking for too much? The photo posted of the Ford Custom Sedan looks absolutely fantastic! Many in my area have been asking for it. My hobby shop is wondering where they are. Have a great week!

Tom Johnson

Hugh

Posted - 2009 October 04 :  08:41:17 AM  Show Profile
Business is business after all. If you tell yours customer that am item has a certin expected lead time and to do not delever by that date, the customer has ever right to be upset.

I am having that very issue with a window installer at the prestent time.

Chessie System on the Pere Marquette

Nebrzephyr

Posted - 2009 October 04 :  10:15:45 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by INRAIL

All I am asking/saying is where are they? That's it! There is nothing about priorities or anything to retract. Give us updates as to why they haven't been shipped yet since they are so far behind or perhaps give us some info as to when they might.

Tom Johnson

Agree. Seems like a reasonable request.

I'm sure most of us accept some delays, but after some unexplained lengthy delay it would be nice for Atlas (or any manufacturer) to give their customers an update. IMO just seems like good business.

Bob

Rusty

Posted - 2009 October 04 :  10:58:29 AM  Show Profile
It's kind of like buggy whips....
I think the demand for these has since declined a bit.
There is a lot more demand for other stuff that the chance
of these selling like hotcakes is pretty slim.
I'm just excited about all of the other new products
the mfg's are coming out with as well as the other
new mfg's we have now.
Model RRing has never had it so good so let's enjoy it.

GP38

Posted - 2009 October 04 :  12:35:54 PM  Show Profile
I am waiting on the Iowa Interstate Alco's. I doubt they get here when projected. Athearn stuff is made in China and it comes in on time or early. Chinese factories are the problem. Atlas should change factories.

AustralianTerrier

Posted - 2009 October 04 :  12:44:39 PM  Show Profile
There comes a time when you have had things on pre-order for a long long time that a person decides its time to forget about it, cancel the order and move on. In other words you more or less just throw in the towel.

I remember when Highliners first released their EMD F-series B-unit. People couldn't wait for the companion A-unit. Then we waited.....When they began showing test shots of the nose of their MUCH anticipated A-unit, people, myself included, were chomping at the bit for that beautiful A-unit. Then word began spreading that the nose die had broken and Highliners owner Paul Lubner didn't have the capital to re-cut the die. The Highliner A-unit was dead.

I would say that almost if not all had given up hope of ever seeing the A-unit from Highliners. Then enter Athearn.......and there was now an A-unit!

The Highliners saga dragged out for YEARS and after a while you just give up hope and move on. When you hear no official word from any party involved, you begin to think that the project may not happen, even when test shots are displayed.

Jim

"It's a question of methods. Everybody wants results, but nobody wants to do what they have to do to get them done." - Clint Eastwood as Inspector "Dirty" Harry Callahan

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Deland, Florida train show 03OCT09; I have been... Topic Next Topic: First Atlas Loco  
 Forum Locked |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Atlas Model Railroad Co. © 1709-2011 Atlas Models Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.75 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000