Atlas Model Railroad Co. - N Locomotive Decorated Bodies - Update 11/09/09
Atlas Model Railroad Co.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Atlas Model Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Rules   FAQ  
Active Topics | Members | Online Users | Forum Archive | Basic Forum (Mac / Netscape Users) | Search | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 77 ]  [ Total: 77 ]  [ Newest Member: vivianod1 ]
 All Forums
 Atlas Model Railroad Forums
 N Scale Model Railroad Forum
 N Locomotive Decorated Bodies - Update 11/09/09
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Paper mill Topic Next Topic: NCE Decoders
Page: of 5

Atlas Moderator

Posted - 2009 November 03 :  2:49:47 PM  Show Profile
Update: N Kato GP-35 decorated bodies (Shell, cab and sill only) have been added to the store.

Atlas Moderator

Ed Kapuscinski

Posted - 2009 November 03 :  4:39:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ed Kapuscinski's Homepage
It's funny, those Kato shells make me mad. Why? Because they remind me the breadth of road names that Kato KNEW existed at one time.

Like B&O.

Visit: http://Conrail1285.com | Join: http://TheCRHS.org

Steve4

Posted - 2009 November 03 :  8:20:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steve4's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Kapuscinski

It's funny, those Kato shells make me mad. Why? Because they remind me the breadth of road names that Kato KNEW existed at one time.

Like B&O.

get your facts right boy...
...GP30/35 were never sold under the Kato brand, they were produced for Atlas, so the Atlas 'art-guy' probably did the research and the drawings, Kato did only produce what they have been told.

and btw, it's bloody B O R I N G your rant against Kato in nearly every of your posts...
...we know it by now that you're not a 'Kato Lover' !

steve w.
www.steve4painting.com

certified raving and ranting lunatic

steamroller

Posted - 2009 November 03 :  11:32:02 PM  Show Profile
How about STEAM loco shell substitutes? They don't even need a paint scheme, just engineered & manufactured in painfully excruciating detail; that'll be enough to draw nitpicking criticism from purists!

Seriously, well-designed freelance locos are ok, even when they don't exactly match a prototype. The Bachmann 2-8-0 and the MP 4-4-0 both have unclear pedigrees, but the craftsmanship is appreciated.

One obvious target is the Mini-Trix decapod (as Mark/spookshow discusses in his loco website) which is begging for even a mediocre shell replacement. The wheels are the size of the Russian type, the wheelbase closer to Pennsy's, but either configuration would be welcome.

It would be great to have shells for early 20th century (pre USRA) locos like Baldwins, or logging locos, that could be put on existing (old or new) mechanisms.

bob-40

Posted - 2009 November 04 :  01:31:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit bob-40's Homepage

yes, rsd-5's for the utah railway please.

rtl

Atlas Moderator

Posted - 2009 November 06 :  12:08:04 PM  Show Profile
N GP-9 Torpedo Tube Locomotive shells have been posted.

Atlas Moderator

Catt

Posted - 2009 November 06 :  7:55:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Catt's Homepage
Steve4,stashed away in the bottom of my loco drawer is a pair of GP35s in KATO boxes bought brand new from Riders hobbyshop in Grand Rapids,MI.The only English word on either box is KATO.

By the way I am no KATO lover either but I still buy them if they run (last 6 I bought only two ran out of the jewel case),but thgen everybody has a misfire every so often.

Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
CEO,COO &CBP of the
Grande Valley Railway
Enjoy life now - It has an expiration date!

Steve4

Posted - 2009 November 06 :  8:57:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steve4's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Catt

Steve4,stashed away in the bottom of my loco drawer is a pair of GP35s in KATO boxes bought brand new from Riders hobbyshop in Grand Rapids,MI.The only English word on either box is KATO.

I have many of the early Kato made GP30 and GP35, all are in Kato boxes as well with Atlas paper insert and an Atlas print on the lid...
...a lid with a Kato inprint will easy fit the same box !

steve w.
www.steve4painting.com

certified raving and ranting lunatic

Atlas Moderator

Posted - 2009 November 09 :  11:22:17 AM  Show Profile
N Kato GP-30 decorated bodies (Shell, cab and sill only) have been posted.

Atlas Moderator

dmartin95

Posted - 2009 December 07 :  1:23:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit dmartin95's Homepage
My Christmas wish is that Atlas will add some of their Grand Trunk western GP38-2 shells. Road numbers aren't important as I'll be renumbering them. I would buy 6 of them.

Please Atlas? Please please please? 'How 'bout if I say please? :)

Fingers are crossed!

Long live the Grand Trunk Western!!!

tehachapifan

Posted - 2010 January 12 :  01:03:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit tehachapifan's Homepage
Where is the page with the decorated shells now? Used to be easy to spot and now I'm having trouble.

Russ
http://www.mlescalemodels.com

ljudice

Posted - 2010 January 12 :  08:44:23 AM  Show Profile
Click over to the store - it's right on the left hand side - "Decorated bodies"...

Denver Road Doug

Posted - 2010 March 09 :  2:49:34 PM  Show Profile
Hey Atlas, got any more shells to add? I did all the damage I could to the current stash. If you have any M-K-T John Deere GP40's I'd love a couple of them. (you know, since you insist the Katy stuff doesn't sell you MUST have a pile of them)

Oh, and for those of you who tire of clicking through all the pages to get to the end, here is the last page in case they add some:
https://secure.atlasrr.com/mod1/items.asp?Cc=NDECBODY&ItemMoveby=0&Nbm=NSD60C&Pbm=NSD60MUP&iTpStatus=0&Tp=&sTitle=&FromNav=False
At least in my IE browser there is no way to go to the last page without clicking through the other 8 or 9 pages.

ljudice

Posted - 2010 March 11 :  10:05:06 AM  Show Profile
I'll second that request!

MarkJ

Posted - 2010 March 11 :  1:47:04 PM  Show Profile
Will the GP-35 “Kato” shells fit old Atlas releases of the GP-35? I’ve seen the older units available at shows and on the net at really low prices, but not in any road names in model. I’m guessing these new shells just “snap” on to the chassis and are secured with those “bumps” that are molded on the interior sides of the shell.

One more question: Are the GP-30 and GP-35 shells and chassis interchangeable?

Edited by - MarkJ on 2010 March 11 1:50:49 PM

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: Paper mill Topic Next Topic: NCE Decoders  
 Forum Locked |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Atlas Model Railroad Co. © 1709-2011 Atlas Models Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000