Atlas Model Railroad Co. - N Locomotive Decorated Bodies - Update 11/09/09
Atlas Model Railroad Co.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Atlas Model Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Rules   FAQ  
Active Topics | Members | Online Users | Forum Archive | Basic Forum (Mac / Netscape Users) | Search | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 81 ]  [ Total: 81 ]  [ Newest Member: vivianod1 ]
 All Forums
 Atlas Model Railroad Forums
 N Scale Model Railroad Forum
 N Locomotive Decorated Bodies - Update 11/09/09
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Paper mill Topic Next Topic: NCE Decoders
Page: of 5

gelboy45

Posted - 2009 April 10 :  07:47:07 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the suggestion Dave. I've just tried the same thing.
Gerry

davefoxx

Posted - 2009 April 10 :  08:13:43 AM  Show Profile
You're welcome, Gerry. I hope you get the road number that you're looking for, too.

By the way, the checkout indicates no shipping and handling fee and states that an Atlas representative will contact you by telephone. Since I haven't heard from Atlas in a few days, I checked my credit card statement online and found that the order has been processed. The total order is $23.00, meaning Atlas charged $5.00 for shipping and handling, which seems reasonable to me. Hopefully, I'll see the new shell soon, so I can make Lee Weldon's (wm3798) day and retire a Chessie System shell.

Dave

ljudice

Posted - 2009 April 10 :  08:30:15 AM  Show Profile
Atlas' shipping is amazingly fast. I am in NJ which is close, and their orders almost always arrive the next day.

Lou D

Posted - 2009 April 10 :  09:48:37 AM  Show Profile
Paul,will there be regular announcements posted like this one when other shells are released? I'm making up my hopeful shopping list as we speak...

davefoxx

Posted - 2009 April 14 :  2:57:43 PM  Show Profile
Atlas' shipping WAS fast! The body shell was here by the end of last week. However, the invoice listed the road number that I ordered, but, unfortunately, Atlas shipped the wrong number.

A quick call to Atlas yesterday and the customer service representative, Steve, apologized and promised to ship the correct shell out even before I shipped the wrong shell back. Now that's the kind of customer service that Daddy likes.

So, for future reference, when placing the order, put the road number that you desire in the Order Instructions Box, and you should get the unit you requested.

Dave Foxx

davefoxx

Posted - 2009 April 14 :  2:59:26 PM  Show Profile
Oh, by the way, in case anyone was wondering, the shell that I received was complete. That is, it DID include numberboards, handrails, horn, etc. Nice!

DFF

rkbufkin

Posted - 2009 April 14 :  3:33:17 PM  Show Profile
Dave.

My Reading units arrived the same. Nice not to have to order all the bells and whistles.

joetrain59

Posted - 2009 April 14 :  11:37:55 PM  Show Profile
Had the same experience with B-mann last fall. Wanted to order parts for shell. Eventually was told, you can get the shell for, I think it was $10! Not sure,$20? But with ALL details on it!!!! Headlites, piping, bell, etc.
This a great new direction, and given economy, understandable. "How can we move all this stuff, just taking up space"? Someone got smart, and realized, we gobble this stuff up. (gulp:)
Joe

Atlas Moderator

Posted - 2009 April 16 :  3:51:47 PM  Show Profile
N GP38, GP40 & GP40-2 Shells have been added.

https://secure.atlasrr.com/mod1/go.asp?cc=DECBODY

Atlas Moderator

gelboy45

Posted - 2009 April 17 :  05:05:40 AM  Show Profile
My Katy body arrived here in the UK today, complete with handrais etc, and with the number I asked for. Wished we got this service over here!

Many thanks Atlas.

Gerry

davefoxx

Posted - 2009 April 20 :  12:22:54 PM  Show Profile
I received my new C&O shell with the correct road number this morning. Atlas Customer Service rocks (thank you, Steve)! Anyhow, I can't wait to get home and swap shells. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

Dave

jmarley

Posted - 2009 May 01 :  08:45:28 AM  Show Profile
I'm very interested to see the next batch of these... maybe some B23-7's or GP38-2's?

Jeff Marley

http://wncrails.rrpicturearchives.net
http://www.youtube.com/user/bigmarley76

Atlas Moderator

Posted - 2009 May 26 :  3:30:35 PM  Show Profile
SD-50 Locomotives are now available.

Atlas Moderator

jdspoon

Posted - 2009 May 27 :  1:18:54 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone know if these prepainted shells will be offered painted for the Undec Railroad?

jdspoon

Posted - 2009 May 27 :  1:22:18 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by davefoxxWhen I ordered my C&O shell, I specified in the Order Instructions box during checkout which road number I desired. Ultimately, will Atlas pay attention to that? I don't know, because I haven't heard from them with regard to my order yet. I figured it was better to try that than to risk them going out of stock. We'll see. I'll keep you posted.

Dave

How's your luck been running lately?

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: Paper mill Topic Next Topic: NCE Decoders  
 Forum Locked |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Atlas Model Railroad Co. © 1709-2011 Atlas Models Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.56 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000