Atlas Model Railroad Co. - CV 55
Atlas Model Railroad Co.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Atlas Model Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Rules   FAQ  
Active Topics | Members | Online Users | Forum Archive | Basic Forum (Mac / Netscape Users) | Search | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 18 ]  [ Total: 18 ]  [ Newest Member: jjbern ]
 All Forums
 DCC Forums
 DCC Forum
 CV 55
 Forum Locked |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: DCC power short Topic Next Topic: Wiring a reverse loop with many turnouts  

mlehman

Posted - 2008 November 12 :  9:44:40 PM  Show Profile
I've been working to get my pair of Atlas HO Gold C420s consisted, specifically to get the lights to display correctly. There is some vague reference to adjusting CV 55 in the manual -- but no actual info about what values to enter to get the correct operation.

I did find a work-around to individually turn set the lights for correct directional operation that involved another CV. Is there something easier?

I'm sort of a newbie to DCC, so maybe I'm missing something obvious. I checked both Atlas and QSI's websites without any luck. But where do I find info to help me with CV 55.
Mike
HO/HOn3 Rio Grande -- Through the Rockies!

jalajoie

Posted - 2008 November 13 :  08:35:12 AM  Show Profile
Do a search on "Consist QSI lighting HELP please" in the DCC forum. Also enable Archived Posts.

Jack W.

Edited by - jalajoie on 2008 November 13 08:39:56 AM

mlehman

Posted - 2008 November 13 :  10:47:30 AM  Show Profile
Jack,
Thanks for the tip. It sounds like it's a partial solution to my problem.

I see that the two locos involved in the consist discussed were of different versions of the QSI chip, so the CVs discussed only allowed correctly displayed lights in one direction.

Both of my C420s are QSI version 7. I wonder if there's a way to set them up so that the lights will work properly when the consist is traveling in either direction?
Mike Lehman
Urbana, IL

Mike

Edited by - mlehman on 2008 November 13 10:48:08 AM

jalajoie

Posted - 2008 November 13 :  12:09:22 PM  Show Profile
If you follow the instruction found in QSI Reference Manual Ver. 4.4.0 this should achieve your goals.

If you prefer exact values for CV55, let me know what type of consist you are using (Universal or Advance) and the brand of your DCC system. In addition tel me if the lead and trailing locos in the consist are Elephant Style or Back to Back

Jack W.

mlehman

Posted - 2008 November 13 :  2:00:02 PM  Show Profile
Jack,
I have looked at that manual, but I'm still not quite sure I understand all that's going on with CV 55. If you could give me the derived values, that could help me understand what the manual is asking me to do.

I want an advanced consist with these Monon engines back to back. I'd like for the lights to be off, except on the lead loco, whichever one that happens to be if that can be configured either automatically (preferred) or manually. The nose light should be a Mars light and the lights above the cab steady on. I am using a NCE Power Pro system.
Regards,
Mike Lehman
Urbana, IL

Mike

jalajoie

Posted - 2008 November 13 :  2:44:30 PM  Show Profile
Try the following values:

For the leading loco
Set CV49 to 73
Set CV50 to 1
Set CV55 to 0

For the trailing loco
First
Set CV49 to 73
Set CV50 to 1
Set CV55 to 0

Second
Set CV49 to 70
Set CV50 to 1
Set CV55 to 86

Third
Set CV22 to 3

I have no loco with Mars light so I don't know if these values will be Ok with Mars.

Jack W.

Previous Topic: DCC power short Topic Next Topic: Wiring a reverse loop with many turnouts  
 Forum Locked |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Atlas Model Railroad Co. © 1709-2011 Atlas Models Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000