Atlas Model Railroad Co. - cookie cutter layout help
Atlas Model Railroad Co.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Atlas Model Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Rules   FAQ  
Active Topics | Members | Online Users | Forum Archive | Basic Forum (Mac / Netscape Users) | Search | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 39 ]  [ Total: 39 ]  [ Newest Member: jjbern ]
 All Forums
 Atlas Model Railroad Forums
 HO Scale Model Railroad Forum
 cookie cutter layout help
 New Topic |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: BLI Unlettered? Topic Next Topic: Prepping brass models for paint  

Wil B.

Posted - 2005 December 14 :  01:56:46 AM  Show Profile
I am building an atlas layout for my son, but I am having trouble with the plywood sections. This is for the ho-36 layout in the book 14. I am not a model train guy but my son is only 10 years old so I am supporting him all that I can. Is there a better diagram for cutting out the plywood sections? I have everything else built.

Thank you
Wil
Wil Bergman

sam

Posted - 2005 December 14 :  08:02:36 AM  Show Profile
greetings and salutations wil
welcome to the atlas forum
i'm not an expert in carpentry...
esp. for this plan.
so i'll leave your Q to others to answer.
thought i'd also throw in a pic of your layout plan from the atlas site...

sam

toopoor

Posted - 2005 December 14 :  11:27:35 AM  Show Profile
When I built my atlas HO29? Central Midland. I built the benchwork first. Layed out the sectional track on top of the open grid, then placed 4x4 sheets of 1/2 plywood on top of the track. climbed underneath the benchwork, looked up and traced where to cut the plywood. I didn't want to keep removing the temporarly placed track, thats why i didn't lay the plywood down first, then the track on top, trace, then remove the track to cut the plywood.
Hope that helps.

TP

Previous Topic: BLI Unlettered? Topic Next Topic: Prepping brass models for paint  
 New Topic |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Atlas Model Railroad Co. © 1709-2011 Atlas Models Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.91 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000