Atlas Model Railroad Co. - Montana Rail Link units
Atlas Model Railroad Co.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Atlas Model Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Rules   FAQ  
Active Topics | Members | Online Users | Forum Archive | Basic Forum (Mac / Netscape Users) | Search | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 27 ]  [ Total: 27 ]  [ Newest Member: jjbern ]
 All Forums
 Atlas Model Railroad Forums
 HO Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Montana Rail Link units
 New Topic |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Radio Shack not the same anymore!! No resisters et Topic Next Topic: DCC help  

MRL 392

Posted - 2005 November 02 :  01:20:26 AM  Show Profile
Hey guys,

Is there a chance that another run of SD35's is in the works? If so I would like to see Montana Rail Link with the low noses. Maybe even MRL 703, the Operation Lifesaver unit. It's already been done in N scale. Atlas did hi-nose MRL SD35's awhile back, but all the MRL SD35's got their noses chopped in the mid-90's and to model one correctly currently you have to put a low nose on it. They did the WC's only SD35 (2500), why not some low nose MRL's? They've already done some other MRL stuff in N as well (like the GP35's). I'd like to see some more in HO, despite it's popularity modeling the MRL can be quite a challenge unless you're a good custom painter! Their units are seen all over the country on lease to the class 1's as well so they fit it almost anywhere.

Dave in Cincinnati

cspredator

Posted - 2005 November 02 :  02:45:35 AM  Show Profile
Dave, I agree with you. I'm building my first montana rail link unit, an sd45, and I would love to see atlas make an sd35 in the low nose version. I'd also like to see more rolling stock for MRL.

Montana Rail link has some fun stuff to model, with some different paint schemes (previous owners, patch jobs) and interesting equipment. It's really hard to hate sd45's, and their four remaining F-45 units.

After this sd45 is done (I'm waiting on the newer logo decals), I'm hoping that I'll be able to model and F-45, and maybe and sd40-2. When athearn comes out with the sd45-2, I'll probably want to paint and detail one of those into MRL as well. I think MRL is addicting....then again the whole hobby is.

Modeling the BNSF, MRL, KCS, TFM, UP and more....

Supporting model railroading...one purchase at a time.

MrMRL

Posted - 2005 November 02 :  05:34:54 AM  Show Profile
Yeah, I could go for two more SD35s-702, 703 "SD35M". I could also go for more SD45s, since I know where to get proto 2Ks cheap! I need to finish detailing my GP9s first though...

Robby F. (Mr. MRL)

P.S.
MRL 392 - Welcome to the Atlas Forum, noticed you're also on the MRL List.
cspredator - Great paint/weathering job on MRL 343, I almost won!

^@_@^

Country: Burkina Faso (Upper Volta) | Posts: 777 Go to Top of Page

Jim Grant

Posted - 2005 November 02 :  08:30:19 AM  Show Profile
I could do with more IMRL locos and cars !!!

I have both of the Kato SD40 IMRL locos, of course.

Either that or the newer ICE scheme !!!

cspredator

Posted - 2005 November 02 :  5:51:15 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by MrMRL

cspredator - Great paint/weathering job on MRL 343, I almost won!

Thank you, I really apprecate the compliment. To be honest, seeing your stuff, especially the great work on your sd45-2, got me interested in MRL.

What is the MRL list that you mentioned?

And since we are on the topic of MRL, I would love to see/have one of those SD70ACEs in MRL paint. THAT would be a thing of beauty, especially since MRL is all EMD!

Modeling the BNSF, MRL, KCS, TFM, UP and more....

Supporting model railroading...one purchase at a time.

MRL 392

Posted - 2005 November 02 :  6:44:43 PM  Show Profile
I'm hoping Tower 55 will do the MRL SD70ACe's. I might just have to get a pair of those. If anybody wants the Lion's Head logo decals for MRL go to 1stplacehobbies.com, I bought a couple sets fom them (as well as a Lion's Head freight car set) about a month ago. I'm also holding out hope that Athearn will do the SD45-2's in MRL and P2K will do the SD45 in MRL. Actually this week I purchased a P2K SD45 in C&NW paint to do a model of MRL 367, which is a patched CNW SD45. It'd also be nice if Kato did some more GP35's and did MRL as well, or Athearn in their RTR series, or if Atlas would do an their GP35 in HO for MRL! Or perhaps Kato could go back and do the SD40's in MRL since they already did I&MRL. I really can't see why so few MRL units have been done. Smaller regionals have gotten more models done in HO (take the Indiana Railroad SD40-2's and GP38's from Athearn for example). MRL power is seen from coast to coast on lease and is already VERY popular in railfan circles for their roster and for their scenic mainline. I can't figure it out.

Dave in Cincinnati, Ohio

Dave in Cincinnati, Ohio

The Detroit, Toledo & Ironton Railroad: We Have The Connections

MrMRL

Posted - 2005 November 02 :  6:46:57 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by cspredator

What is the MRL list that you mentioned?

Yahoo Groups - Montana Rail Link
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/MRL/

443 members and climbing.

Robby F. (Mr. MRL)

^@_@^

MrMRL

Posted - 2005 November 02 :  7:03:28 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by MRL 392
I'm hoping Tower 55 will do the MRL SD70ACe's. I might just have to get a pair of those.

Summer/Fall 2006

quote:
I'm also holding out hope that Athearn will do the SD45-2's in MRL

Also 2006

quote:

and P2K will do the SD45 in MRL.

Don't know about that one, Walthers hasn't done much MRL except for a clunker GP-9, coal hoppers, & their incorrect double-door borcar 3-pack joint with MDC/Roundhouse. years ago.

quote:

It'd also be nice if Kato did some more GP35's and did MRL as well, or Athearn in their RTR series

Nay on the first, yea on the 2nd.

Robby F. (Mr. MRL)

^@_@^

tdspeedracer

Posted - 2005 November 02 :  7:05:17 PM  Show Profile
Dave,

You wouldn't happen to have any pictures of 367? I have a Kato CN&W SD-45 sitting on my shelf awaiting the same project. I found a couple pictures on the net, but not as many as I was hoping for.

Trevor

MRL 392

Posted - 2005 November 02 :  7:21:30 PM  Show Profile
I have several pics, many of them off various websites and from some nice folks on the MRL list on Yahoogroups. There's some details I'm still trying to figure out even with the pics, mainly on the patches that MRL used on it.

Dave in Cincinnati, Ohio

The Detroit, Toledo & Ironton Railroad: We Have The Connections

Previous Topic: Radio Shack not the same anymore!! No resisters et Topic Next Topic: DCC help  
 New Topic |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Atlas Model Railroad Co. © 1709-2011 Atlas Models Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.73 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000