Atlas Model Railroad Co. - Atlas O "F" Unit
Atlas Model Railroad Co.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Atlas Model Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Rules   FAQ  
Active Topics | Members | Online Users | Forum Archive | Basic Forum (Mac / Netscape Users) | Search | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 37 ]  [ Total: 37 ]  [ Newest Member: jjbern ]
 All Forums
 Atlas Model Railroad Forums
 O Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Atlas O "F" Unit
Next Page
 Forum Locked |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: NYC Baldwin VO-1000 in 2-rail .. seen one ? Topic Next Topic: Dissapointed with the Trainman PRR gondola
Page: of 2

up148

Posted - 2005 October 13 :  09:18:31 AM  Show Profile
I've read on the OGR Forum that Atlas O has or is thinking of acquiring the P&D Hobbies EMD "F" diesel line to be produced by Atlas O. Any truth to the rumor? Anyone heard anything more concrete?

Butch

Pete Kruimer

Posted - 2005 October 13 :  1:26:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pete Kruimer's Homepage
This appears to be true and is huge. Atlas will do all variations from the F2 up to the F9. They have purchased the P&D Hobby molds is what is being said. This is terrific news. Build your own combos? And, you're favorite roadname will be done at some point. Good job Atlas. They can pump these out for years

Visit My layout http://204.156.4.209/memberpages2/frame.asp?sid=1080

David Telesha

Posted - 2005 October 13 :  1:50:32 PM  Show Profile
As long as they do the FL-9 in O, HO, and N.

Heck the New Haven FL-9 has been owned by more railroads post NH than the GG1 and in service about as long.

wc581

Posted - 2005 October 13 :  2:03:34 PM  Show Profile
How about some FP7 / FP9'S could use a set of Milwaukee Cigar Bands to pull the K-line Hiawatha cars, Or some Algoma Central FP9's for a Tourist Train

Model Railroading is Fun
Mike Slater

Pete Kruimer

Posted - 2005 October 13 :  2:45:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pete Kruimer's Homepage
FL9s and FP7s are different engines than F2s, F3s, F7s, F9s. You may see the FL9s and FP7s from someone, FL9s really did not come in enough paint schemes for Atlas to justify a run.

Atlas will be getting my money for Fs. MTH puts steam generators on all their F7 freight units, appears they only did one mold fits all.

David Telesha

Posted - 2005 October 13 :  2:55:39 PM  Show Profile
Oh no?

New Haven
Penn Central 1
Penn Central 2
Amtrak
Conrail
Metro North 1
Metro North 2
MN/NYC
CDOT/NH
Morristown and Erie
Maine Eastern
Cooperstown & Charlotte Valley
Adirondack Scenic Railroad

Thats 11 roads if you count the MN/NYC Hudson line commemorative in addition to MN and total that is 13 paint schemes.

These units can be used by anyone modeling 1957-2005++++.

There is a huge market for these engines.

When I look at HO scale and the BLI GG1, N&W J, NYC Niagra, I look at the FL-9 and wonder why the heck no one has done it.

Heck, an original New Haven FL-9 cast with the Hancock whistle would be mostly correct for 1957-1993. Three casts like was done for the HO Trainmaster (more limited than the FL-9) would cover everything.

PRRJIM

Posted - 2005 October 13 :  3:15:02 PM  Show Profile
Veddy intahresting.... Hope it's true. I recently got a flyer from P&D about a sale on F-units.... they were 2-rail only.

Pete Kruimer

Posted - 2005 October 13 :  3:22:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pete Kruimer's Homepage
David,

I'll take your bet and say that Atlas does not do it based on the limited geography based appeal. But, I hope I am wrong as I would love to have a PC FL9.

David Telesha

Posted - 2005 October 13 :  4:58:21 PM  Show Profile
Sorry Pete, I do not buy the geography arguement either.

If that were the case there would be a lack of all models especially New Haven and even PRR models - but theres not, and New Haven was rated #5 in a recent poll for popularity. Then not to mention the reason for all these NH models is they SELL. The GG1 is extremely limited and it sells. Even the Big Boy is very limited to certain lines but people buy them and run them on their layout. The FL-9 is no different.

Just because the NH and the FL-9 was limited to NY, CT, RI and MA (and now ME and NC) doesn't mean there aren't NH and other modelers in all 50 states plus Canada, England, and even the Isle of Man (Our NHRHTA membership proves that). Like I said the market is large.

Then theres the collectible factor for a unique unit.

prrhorseshoecurve

Posted - 2005 October 13 :  4:59:12 PM  Show Profile
quote:
I'll take your bet and say that Atlas does not do it based on the limited geography based appeal.

Sorry Dave, I think Pete K is right. Limited Geography based appeal. NOw if two were to be done in UP and SF, then you may have a SHOT!

David Telesha

Posted - 2005 October 13 :  6:52:48 PM  Show Profile
Nobody said that about the GG1 - I mean how many people model the PRR 4 track electrified corridor? How many people have them?

Why would Life-Like make 3 runs of HO DL-109's in two NH paint schemes and 6 numbers and now N-scale in 2 numbers for starters if there is only "limited geographical appeal"? Answer? I think you guys are blowing smoke for your regular F's and FP's... Geography appeal of the 9's is a load of bull - its all railroad and eye appeal that really counts. Everyone knows what an FL-9 is, the longest serving commuter diesel still in regular service. Theres far more interest beyond SF and UP despite what people like to think.

These will sell if made - mark my words - go back a few years in MR they made the top 10 list when they did it.

Central of Georgia

Posted - 2005 October 13 :  7:13:00 PM  Show Profile
Central of Georgia blue, gray and black scheme please. I'll take to powered units.

CofG
"The Right Way"

CBQer

Posted - 2005 October 13 :  7:19:05 PM  Show Profile
Gotta do CB&Q F3s. Milwaukee would be nice as well as some BN units. The next question, will these be in the "Master Line" or Trainman. I hope the less expensive, PLEASE>>>

Dick

Milwaukeerailroadshops.org

Charter Member Golden Spike Club.
Nebraska, Dakota, & Western Railroad.
Veteran, Viet Nam 1968

Seaboard Air Line Fan

Posted - 2005 October 13 :  8:18:25 PM  Show Profile
SAL please single F unit, no "B" units. I too got the P&D flyer, but once I saw 2-rail only I decided to wait.

Pete Kruimer

Posted - 2005 October 13 :  8:32:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pete Kruimer's Homepage
Dick,

Masterline.

betsy662

Posted - 2005 October 14 :  6:28:16 PM  Show Profile
Well lets see, so far theres a request for the not so run of the mill FL9 and FP7, both of which don't fit on a standard F unit frame, I was fully expecting someone to suggest they make an FT, which also wouldn't fit the molds, give Atlas time, they will eventually buy out Overland Models and have them all done up in brass.............

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: NYC Baldwin VO-1000 in 2-rail .. seen one ? Topic Next Topic: Dissapointed with the Trainman PRR gondola  
 Forum Locked |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Atlas Model Railroad Co. © 1709-2011 Atlas Models Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000