Atlas Model Railroad Co. - EMD SW/SW1's
Atlas Model Railroad Co.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Atlas Model Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Rules   FAQ  
Active Topics | Members | Online Users | Forum Archive | Basic Forum (Mac / Netscape Users) | Search | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 23 ]  [ Total: 23 ]  [ Newest Member: jjbern ]
 All Forums
 Atlas Model Railroad Forums
 N Scale Model Railroad Forum
 EMD SW/SW1's
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Layout that is not mine Topic Next Topic: Peco Long Crossover Dimensions
Page: of 3

NandW

Posted - 2005 March 03 :  3:51:55 PM  Show Profile
Well, if the mechanism is no challenge, then bring them on!

(I have no use for them, but I'm sure there are many out there that would like one!)

randgust

Posted - 2005 March 03 :  4:02:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit randgust's Homepage
Small is a relative statement here! ANYTHING is bigger than some of the oddball stuff I've tried, but that doesn't mean it works right, either.

I have a LL SW torn apart as I speak, and drawings handy of an SW1. I'd like to look at that one myself. It impresses me that the radiator is almost right over the front edge of the truck tower, leaving no room for the LL nut to hold the frame together. But I thought the cab width was the same, and maybe even the wheelbase. Good question, anyway.

The cab is pretty much the same one as on the EMC40 with the arched windows, which is really kind of cool.
http://gustafson.home.westpa.net/EMC4019.jpg

randgust

Posted - 2005 March 03 :  4:02:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit randgust's Homepage
Small is a relative statement here! ANYTHING is bigger than some of the oddball stuff I've tried, but that doesn't mean it works right, either.

I have a LL SW torn apart as I speak, and drawings handy of an SW1. I'd like to look at that one myself. It impresses me that the radiator is almost right over the front edge of the truck tower, leaving no room for the LL nut to hold the frame together. But I thought the cab width was the same, and maybe even the wheelbase. Good question, anyway.

The cab is pretty much the same one as on the EMC40 with the arched windows, which is really kind of cool.
http://gustafson.home.westpa.net/EMC4019.jpg

NandW

Posted - 2005 March 03 :  4:08:29 PM  Show Profile
Truck centers are the same as on the SW8/SW9 (22')

NandW

Posted - 2005 March 03 :  4:08:29 PM  Show Profile
Truck centers are the same as on the SW8/SW9 (22')

johnh

Posted - 2005 March 03 :  4:22:49 PM  Show Profile
quote:
There was a good article in one of the N mags(i am not sure which) a year or so ago of a kitbash of an SW1 using a Con Cor Sw???? powered calf and a cab from a LL SW. it looked pretty nice.

That one was done with the old Atlas mech which is very unreliable. The CC/Kato mech is split frame design.

johnh

Posted - 2005 March 03 :  4:22:49 PM  Show Profile
quote:
There was a good article in one of the N mags(i am not sure which) a year or so ago of a kitbash of an SW1 using a Con Cor Sw???? powered calf and a cab from a LL SW. it looked pretty nice.

That one was done with the old Atlas mech which is very unreliable. The CC/Kato mech is split frame design.

brokemoto

Posted - 2005 March 03 :  10:31:30 PM  Show Profile
.........will buy some if offered.

Thank you for your consideration and support.

brokemoto

Posted - 2005 March 03 :  10:31:30 PM  Show Profile
.........will buy some if offered.

Thank you for your consideration and support.

daniel_leavitt2000

Posted - 2005 March 03 :  11:21:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit daniel_leavitt2000's Homepage
The LL mechinism could be made to work, but the CC would probably be a better choice due to the placment of the retaining nut on the LL unit. That being said, LL could design an SW1 by adding the nut to the fueltank area and putting a spacerbetween the frame halves over the trucks.

I am guessing someone has this engine in the works. The SW1, NW2, SW1500, S1/3, and S2/4 are obvious gold mines in the N scale market, as LL found out with their two SW series.

Goodbye and good luck.

daniel_leavitt2000

Posted - 2005 March 03 :  11:21:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit daniel_leavitt2000's Homepage
The LL mechinism could be made to work, but the CC would probably be a better choice due to the placment of the retaining nut on the LL unit. That being said, LL could design an SW1 by adding the nut to the fueltank area and putting a spacerbetween the frame halves over the trucks.

I am guessing someone has this engine in the works. The SW1, NW2, SW1500, S1/3, and S2/4 are obvious gold mines in the N scale market, as LL found out with their two SW series.

Goodbye and good luck.

GN Buff

Posted - 2005 March 04 :  12:10:33 AM  Show Profile
Yes, if Atlas made one to work as great as its vo-1000 engine.

GN Buff

Posted - 2005 March 04 :  12:10:33 AM  Show Profile
Yes, if Atlas made one to work as great as its vo-1000 engine.

GRSJr

Posted - 2005 March 04 :  07:28:29 AM  Show Profile
In Lehigh Valley livery please.

10 SW
2 SW-1
5 SW-7
27 SW-8
14 SW-9
3 SW-800

11 NW-1
7 NW-2

2 S-1
18 S02

9 DS-4-4-1000
5 VO-1000 (have them already)
14 S-12

All Lehigh Valley. Well maybe not ALL, but at least some of each. But if IM can do the complete LV roster of FT, why not hope for the complete roster of LV pups.

Ray Stilwell

GRSJr

Posted - 2005 March 04 :  07:28:29 AM  Show Profile
In Lehigh Valley livery please.

10 SW
2 SW-1
5 SW-7
27 SW-8
14 SW-9
3 SW-800

11 NW-1
7 NW-2

2 S-1
18 S02

9 DS-4-4-1000
5 VO-1000 (have them already)
14 S-12

All Lehigh Valley. Well maybe not ALL, but at least some of each. But if IM can do the complete LV roster of FT, why not hope for the complete roster of LV pups.

Ray Stilwell

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Layout that is not mine Topic Next Topic: Peco Long Crossover Dimensions  
 Forum Locked |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Atlas Model Railroad Co. © 1709-2011 Atlas Models Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000