Atlas Model Railroad Co. - N Scale Playground Equipment?
Atlas Model Railroad Co.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Atlas Model Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Rules   FAQ  
Active Topics | Members | Online Users | Forum Archive | Basic Forum (Mac / Netscape Users) | Search | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 69 ]  [ Total: 69 ]  [ Newest Member: jjbern ]
 All Forums
 Atlas Model Railroad Forums
 N Scale Model Railroad Forum
 N Scale Playground Equipment?
 Forum Locked |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Super Continental Topic Next Topic: Nit picking- geeze!  

Leo Bicknell

Posted - 2004 December 13 :  1:06:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Leo Bicknell's Homepage
I've been trying to figure out how to fill a
space on my layout and someone suggested a playground. I know I've seen playground equipment before but I can't find any with google right now. Anyone know of a source for playground equipment.

D.C.

Posted - 2004 December 13 :  2:52:35 PM  Show Profile
Leo,

I seem to recall a playground set that Bachmann used to produce. Also check Woodland Scenics, Prieser and Wiking among others.

Dave Rutan
Dayton N Track

D.C.

Posted - 2004 December 13 :  2:52:35 PM  Show Profile
Leo,

I seem to recall a playground set that Bachmann used to produce. Also check Woodland Scenics, Prieser and Wiking among others.

Dave Rutan
Dayton N Track

Robertm

Posted - 2004 December 13 :  3:02:22 PM  Show Profile
Preiser made a set but don't if they still sell it. I got one when I bought a box in an estate sale. It has a slide, merry-go-round and see-saw and I think some children.

Robertm

Posted - 2004 December 13 :  3:02:22 PM  Show Profile
Preiser made a set but don't if they still sell it. I got one when I bought a box in an estate sale. It has a slide, merry-go-round and see-saw and I think some children.

Tad

Posted - 2004 December 13 :  4:01:58 PM  Show Profile
The Bachmann N scale school has playground equipment.

http://www.discounttrainsonline.com/Bachmann-Assembled-Buildings-School-House-With-Equipment/item160-45807.html

Tad
The "All Day & Night" Railway Company

My Rail Images Page

Tad

Posted - 2004 December 13 :  4:01:58 PM  Show Profile
The Bachmann N scale school has playground equipment.

http://www.discounttrainsonline.com/Bachmann-Assembled-Buildings-School-House-With-Equipment/item160-45807.html

Tad
The "All Day & Night" Railway Company

My Rail Images Page

Sigalert

Posted - 2004 December 14 :  10:02:13 PM  Show Profile
Plastruct has some items. A little crude, but a start.

Sigalert

Posted - 2004 December 14 :  10:02:13 PM  Show Profile
Plastruct has some items. A little crude, but a start.

jim prince

Posted - 2004 December 14 :  10:10:23 PM  Show Profile
Plastruct also makes a playground set with a swing, slide, and teeter totters....

jim prince

Posted - 2004 December 14 :  10:10:23 PM  Show Profile
Plastruct also makes a playground set with a swing, slide, and teeter totters....

leighant

Posted - 2004 December 15 :  09:48:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit leighant's Homepage
I have seen a module or two with a neat mini-scene. Kid flying a control-line model plane that flies around and around in a circle. Today it is about all RC flying but back in transition era, the control line planes were commonly seen. N scale model of kid flying control-line plane in a circle wouldn't be too hard, N scale model of RC flying would be hard to pull off.

Another roundy-round item that wouldn't be hard to model would be a hand-operated playground merry-go-round (not the amusement park variety with horses but the kind you run by push power.) Teeter-totter seesawing up and down would take a little tricky gear work but wouldn't it be neat?

Wish I could I say I have built all these but they are just an idea. But you have to start with an idea. It took me 25 years and four tries before I figured out how to build an N scale model of an electric train layout....and only non-operating so far.

Santa Vaca & Santa Fe Rwy. Holy Cow!

leighant

Posted - 2004 December 15 :  09:48:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit leighant's Homepage
I have seen a module or two with a neat mini-scene. Kid flying a control-line model plane that flies around and around in a circle. Today it is about all RC flying but back in transition era, the control line planes were commonly seen. N scale model of kid flying control-line plane in a circle wouldn't be too hard, N scale model of RC flying would be hard to pull off.

Another roundy-round item that wouldn't be hard to model would be a hand-operated playground merry-go-round (not the amusement park variety with horses but the kind you run by push power.) Teeter-totter seesawing up and down would take a little tricky gear work but wouldn't it be neat?

Wish I could I say I have built all these but they are just an idea. But you have to start with an idea. It took me 25 years and four tries before I figured out how to build an N scale model of an electric train layout....and only non-operating so far.

Santa Vaca & Santa Fe Rwy. Holy Cow!

Previous Topic: Super Continental Topic Next Topic: Nit picking- geeze!  
 Forum Locked |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Atlas Model Railroad Co. © 1709-2011 Atlas Models Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.78 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000