Atlas Model Railroad Co. - N Scale Farm Equipment
Atlas Model Railroad Co.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Atlas Model Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Rules   FAQ  
Active Topics | Members | Online Users | Forum Archive | Basic Forum (Mac / Netscape Users) | Search | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 26 ]  [ Total: 26 ]  [ Newest Member: jjbern ]
 All Forums
 Atlas Model Railroad Forums
 N Scale Model Railroad Forum
 N Scale Farm Equipment
Next Page
 Forum Locked |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Lets not lose our forum. Topic Next Topic: N&W RS3 error - now corrected!!!
Page: of 3

cfritschle

Posted - 2004 November 01 :  6:38:53 PM  Show Profile
The Athearn/John Deere thread has led to several requests for N scale farm implements. Having farmed for over 30 years, farm equipment has always been something I would like to see available in N scale. This seems like a project a company like GHQ might embrace, since it would be something that the individual modeler could paint their choice of color. This is prototypical because many implements were manufactured in one plant and painted for the tractor company it was manufactured for. An example of this is Oliver. They manufactured tillage implements for their own line, so those were painted green. They also manufactured implements for Ford, so those were painted blue. When Oliver and Minneapolis-Moline became White, the same implement was now painted red. Even the implements that were manufactured for only one company were often so similar to the implements of another company, that by the time you reduce it to 1:160, you could still paint it your choice of colors and no one could tell you it was wrong.

So, maybe we should make our requests known to GHQ.

Carter
N Scale Vehicle Association
“For the modeler and collector of 1:160 scale vehicles and equipment”
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NScaleVehicleAssociation/

Jackdaw

Posted - 2004 November 02 :  7:21:55 PM  Show Profile
And GHQ has offered stuff like combines in the past, so you'd think other farming implements might be doable.

Jackdaw

Posted - 2004 November 02 :  7:21:55 PM  Show Profile
And GHQ has offered stuff like combines in the past, so you'd think other farming implements might be doable.

Brian Ward

Posted - 2004 November 02 :  8:17:55 PM  Show Profile
I'd like to see a hay rake, maybe with photoetched parts, and a square baler. I gree a lot of these could represent different brands with just different paint.

Brian Ward

Posted - 2004 November 02 :  8:17:55 PM  Show Profile
I'd like to see a hay rake, maybe with photoetched parts, and a square baler. I gree a lot of these could represent different brands with just different paint.

Powersteamguy1790

Posted - 2004 November 02 :  8:26:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Powersteamguy1790's Homepage
Carter:

GHQ makes fine pewter farm equipment kits.

Stay cool and run steam.....

powersteamguy1790s Photos Of The JJJ&E

Powersteamguy1790

Posted - 2004 November 02 :  8:26:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Powersteamguy1790's Homepage
Carter:

powersteamguy1790s Photos Of The JJJ&E

siderod II

Posted - 2004 November 02 :  8:42:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit siderod II's Homepage
ummm...bob, that must be one heckuva farm you live on...last time i saw a comverical road grader in a farm was when that lo-boy flatbed jack-knifed on black-ice last year and went off the road...from what i hear, the farmer bought the almost totally ruined grader for next to nothing and rebuilt it.

As for the crane, i have no excuse

quote:
Originally posted by Powersteamguy1790

Carter:

.....**
Velcro
Andrew Reid

.....**
N-Scale.net
Siderod's Trains
Last Updated: June 25th, 2006
King Of Trains
Virtual Rail Riders Forum

siderod II

Posted - 2004 November 02 :  8:42:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit siderod II's Homepage
ummm...bob, that must be one heckuva farm you live on...last time i saw a comverical road grader in a farm was when that lo-boy flatbed jack-knifed on black-ice last year and went off the road...from what i hear, the farmer bought the almost totally ruined grader for next to nothing and rebuilt it.

As for the crane, i have no excuse

quote:

Carter:

.....**
Velcro
Andrew Reid

.....**
N-Scale.net
Siderod's Trains
Last Updated: June 25th, 2006
King Of Trains
Virtual Rail Riders Forum

Kisatchie

Posted - 2004 November 02 :  8:48:02 PM  Show Profile
Whoever makes new farm equipment would do their sales figures a favor if they mentioned the type of crops the equipment was designed for. "Oh look, a McCormick reaper is harvesting the carrot crop!"

"Hmm... anybody make a reciprocating bilge pump...?"

Kisatchie

Posted - 2004 November 02 :  8:48:02 PM  Show Profile
Whoever makes new farm equipment would do their sales figures a favor if they mentioned the type of crops the equipment was designed for. "Oh look, a McCormick reaper is harvesting the carrot crop!"

"Hmm... anybody make a reciprocating bilge pump...?"

cfritschle

Posted - 2004 November 02 :  11:50:28 PM  Show Profile
quote:

Carter:

Powersteamguy1790,

I know, I have all of their agriculture kits. But they only make tractors, combines and a couple of wagons. What we need now are moldboard plows, chisel plows, disks, field cultivators, landplanes, rolling harrows, planters, row-crop cultivators, grain drills, corrugators, sprayers, swathers, rakes, square balers, harrowbeds, choppers (forage harvestors, not motorcycles), 3 point blades, ditchers, etceteras.

We really don't have the equipment to model a realistic farm scene or equipment dealer for any area or era.

Carter

cfritschle

Posted - 2004 November 02 :  11:50:28 PM  Show Profile
quote:

Carter:

Powersteamguy1790,

I know, I have all of their agriculture kits. But they only make tractors, combines and a couple of wagons. What we need now are moldboard plows, chisel plows, disks, field cultivators, landplanes, rolling harrows, planters, row-crop cultivators, grain drills, corrugators, sprayers, swathers, rakes, square balers, harrowbeds, choppers (forage harvestors, not motorcycles), 3 point blades, ditchers, etceteras.

We really don't have the equipment to model a realistic farm scene or equipment dealer for any area or era.

Carter

monttrak6

Posted - 2004 November 03 :  10:30:41 AM  Show Profile
Ertl made a 1:144 line of tractors in 4 models. I have seen some good basic equipment out there on Spur-N out of Germany. There a wealth of equipment that could be made - - it is getting a consensus of opinion on what is "NEEDED" that be holding some back. I agree a rake, disc, hayrack, wagon, and other "BASIC" implements are needed. As N scale evolves and grows from a collectors market to more of a "runners" world as HO is - more can be added to the lines. WE are spoiled. Over the last 20 years I have watched as the N scale offerings have grown. But we need more people to get into the hobby & more in N to get it there!! Help the hobby by promoting interest and spawning interest.

monttrak6

Posted - 2004 November 03 :  10:30:41 AM  Show Profile
Ertl made a 1:144 line of tractors in 4 models. I have seen some good basic equipment out there on Spur-N out of Germany. There a wealth of equipment that could be made - - it is getting a consensus of opinion on what is "NEEDED" that be holding some back. I agree a rake, disc, hayrack, wagon, and other "BASIC" implements are needed. As N scale evolves and grows from a collectors market to more of a "runners" world as HO is - more can be added to the lines. WE are spoiled. Over the last 20 years I have watched as the N scale offerings have grown. But we need more people to get into the hobby & more in N to get it there!! Help the hobby by promoting interest and spawning interest.

GN Fan

Posted - 2004 November 03 :  11:00:33 AM  Show Profile
There are 2 sources of some farm equipment besides GHQ, that I am aware of.
  • The first is a British Company (can't remember the name - Langley I think.) that makes smallish farm equipment. By small I mean adapted to small farms as you might see in Britain. Check out the auction site and the guy in New Hampsire.
  • Then there is another person selling plastic farm equipment on the auction site. Type tractor in the search function and see what you get. Then check the guys other auctins for more farm equipment.

Tom

Any day that you wake up with no dirt covering your face is a GOOD day.

Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina | Posts: 274 Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Lets not lose our forum. Topic Next Topic: N&W RS3 error - now corrected!!!  
 Forum Locked |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Atlas Model Railroad Co. © 1709-2011 Atlas Models Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000