Atlas Model Railroad Co. - Atlas AEM-7AC
Atlas Model Railroad Co.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Atlas Model Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Rules   FAQ  
Active Topics | Members | Online Users | Forum Archive | Basic Forum (Mac / Netscape Users) | Search | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 27 ]  [ Total: 27 ]  [ Newest Member: jjbern ]
 All Forums
 Atlas Model Railroad Forums
 HO Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Atlas AEM-7AC
Next Page
 Forum Locked |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: DCC Wiring Question Topic Next Topic: Gluing plastic to Masonite?
Page: of 2

BEDT26

Posted - 2010 September 30 :  01:30:02 AM  Show Profile
Rob Pisani, any chance of doing a run of the AEM-7 as AEM-7AC ? I like to see these awesome little toasters in the Acela and phase V scheme.
When Atlas released the AEM-7 and ALP44 in 1999, I bought 8 units in all the roads, that's how much I like these locomotives.
B.E.D.T. / BROOKLYN EASTERN DISTRICT TERMINAL

www.freightrrofnyc.info

rdc_jay

Posted - 2010 September 30 :  07:21:24 AM  Show Profile
Me too. It's the little engine that could. . I'd love to see another run, even in Trainman.

[UPDATE: the TM comment seemed snarky though it wasn't meant to be. What I mean is if Atlas do another run with the existing tooling and skip some of the details I'd go for it.]

Edited by - rdc_jay on 2010 September 30 4:26:28 PM

D.Harrison

Posted - 2010 September 30 :  09:04:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit D.Harrison's Homepage
Count me in two, Rob; or is it three now.. Plus it would make a cool research outing to the Amtrak locomotive facilities...hint...hint. I could certainly use them on my Acela Expres Northeast Corridor Portable Layout.

David Harrison

SD80macs

Posted - 2010 September 30 :  09:11:55 AM  Show Profile
I would love to see a rerun of these. Could use several in Phase 3 And some AC's in V.

Mark G.

rdc_jay

Posted - 2010 September 30 :  4:30:43 PM  Show Profile
Mark...IIRC Walther's "owns" the license to Phase V. If Atlas wants to do that they'd have to cut a deal with Milwaukee.

SD80macs

Posted - 2010 September 30 :  7:11:26 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by rdc_jay

Mark...IIRC Walther's "owns" the license to Phase V. If Atlas wants to do that they'd have to cut a deal with Milwaukee.

Actually Walthers doesnt own complete rights to the scheme. Atlas made AEM-7's in the Phase V scheme and so hasnt bachmann with the Acelas and Amfleet cars. Walthers has the rights for the P40/42.

Mark G.

D.Harrison

Posted - 2010 September 30 :  7:39:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit D.Harrison's Homepage
Here are some shots of the AC "roof kits" resting on the floor next to an AEM-7 that was waiting for its conversation.

David Harrison

D.Harrison

Posted - 2010 September 30 :  7:43:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit D.Harrison's Homepage
The "kit" is chalked #918 which is over on another track.

David Harrison

BEDT26

Posted - 2010 September 30 :  9:02:41 PM  Show Profile
Great pics David, thanks for posting.

B.E.D.T. / BROOKLYN EASTERN DISTRICT TERMINAL

www.freightrrofnyc.info

diburning

Posted - 2010 September 30 :  10:19:23 PM  Show Profile
Maybe Atlas can put sound in them this time. QSI is the only manufacturer with a Graham-White e-bell sound. Since QSI revolution chips are the standard now, Atlas can have them with sound too.

Edited by - diburning on 2010 September 30 10:19:52 PM

AMTK1007

Posted - 2010 October 01 :  11:18:34 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by SD80macs

quote:

Actually Walthers doesnt own complete rights to the scheme. Atlas made AEM-7's in the Phase V scheme and so hasnt bachmann with the Acelas and Amfleet cars. Walthers has the rights for the P40/42.

Mark, I haven't seen Bachmann Items witht eh Current Logo.. Acela Logo, Yes, The wave Logo, NO... How do you know what Walthers holds the Licence to? Have you seen the Licenece document? Has it ever been amended? Are you saying that Walthers issued the Superliners with out A Licence? What kind of insider knowledge do you have? Please share it!

Have a pleasant day!

Conductor's Portable to the head end of Amtrak 7. . America's train can depart Chicago Union Station on signal indication... Lets go to 44 44

SD80macs

Posted - 2010 October 01 :  11:32:11 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by AMTK1007

quote:

quote:

Mark, I haven't seen Bachmann Items witht eh Current Logo.. Acela Logo, Yes, The wave Logo, NO... How do you know what Walthers holds the Licence to? Have you seen the Licenece document? Has it ever been amended? Are you saying that Walthers issued the Superliners with out A Licence? What kind of insider knowledge do you have? Please share it!

Have a pleasant day!

Well it has been discussed numerous times in threads where the Athearn P40 was involved and that Walthers holds the exclusive deal on the P40 scheme. That is why even Overland Models had to get permission from Walthers to do that scheme. Now Atlas has made the Following in Phase V P32-8, AEM-7, making the MP15DC in the next run. Bachmann has the HHP, Acela, and Amfleets,
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=1606.

I am sure the Walthers superliners are licensed but just not exclusive to Walthers, I will have to look into it deeper though and ask a few sources.

Mark G.

D.Harrison

Posted - 2010 October 01 :  2:46:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit D.Harrison's Homepage
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by AMTK1007

quote:

quote:

Have a pleasant day!

Well it has been discussed numerous times in threads where the Athearn P40 was involved and that Walthers holds the exclusive deal on the P40 scheme. That is why even Overland Models had to get permission from Walthers to do that scheme.
I am sure the Walthers superliners are licensed but just not exclusive to Walthers, I will have to look into it deeper though and ask a few sources.

"It has been discussed...." Therein lies the major flaw. internet discussions. No manufacturer is going to tell the consumer what rights have been conveyed. I go to so many trade hows and speak to so many manufacturers on so many topics, including licensing from Amtrak, but it would be non productive to post here what has been told to me. Why? Because it still is spectulative. The only way to really know is to speak to Amtrak directly. There is a trade show, in Februray, I think, where the players who have licenses to grant meet with prospective buyers. This convention covers everything from caps to clothing; from souvenirs to model kits to whatever. Model trains are in there somewhere.

David Harrison

rdc_jay

Posted - 2010 October 01 :  7:20:59 PM  Show Profile
Mark...I also forgot that Atlas released the 8-32BHW in phase V.

David H...now there's an interesting engine in and among all of those great meatballs, number 4910. It doesn't look to be Amtrak paint and the nose looks familiar to me but I can't quite place it. It looks a bit to small to be an Acela cab. Do you know what it is?

UPDATE: Never mind, answered my own question. I didn't recognize the paint but then thought MARC HHP-8. Looks to me at least quite a bit different from the Amtrak HHP-8s. Amazing what a color scheme can do.

Edited by - rdc_jay on 2010 October 01 7:24:27 PM

steamer10

Posted - 2010 October 01 :  9:41:43 PM  Show Profile
I subscribe to the list of interested parties.

As, I mentioned on other similar threads, a while back, my interest in the AEM-7s goes wider, to its entire family. I have some Roco models of prototypes. It spans to the original root version of the BO-BO loco, manufactured by ASEA/BROWN BOVERY in Sweden for the Swedish Railroads, and to its cousins, which were manufactured elsewhere in Europe under license from ASEA. By the way, the AEM-7's cousins still run successfully on several European railroads tracks.

Excellent pictures David H. - Thanks for posting. You're always so resourceful! I wish we had more pics of that type posted on this Forum.

Edited by - steamer10 on 2010 October 01 9:44:49 PM

D.Harrison

Posted - 2010 October 02 :  12:22:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit D.Harrison's Homepage
Thanks to all who enjoyed the pics.

Looks like the licensing convention is held in June.....and...its moved from New York. Here's the website: http://www.licensingexpo.com

Now you have to find who represents Amtrak.

David Harrison

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: DCC Wiring Question Topic Next Topic: Gluing plastic to Masonite?  
 Forum Locked |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Atlas Model Railroad Co. © 1709-2011 Atlas Models Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000